It’s Spring break for many families for the next two weeks. It is the perfect time to spend some quality time with the family. Our province is warming up now, so many of us can venture out into nature. Do you have any plans for Spring Break? Let us ponder on some of the following complimentary ideas!
What to Do and Where to Go in the Lower Mainland
- Burnaby: – The Burnaby Village Museum is hosting a scavenger hunt. You can visit the newly renovated Interurban Tram Farm and Black Smith.
- Surrey: – The Museum of Surrey is having Dinosaur Days as their theme. Firstly, there are Dino crafts, dinosaur hunts and even fossil touching. Then, you can play some games like Pin the Tail on the Dino, Dinosaur Bean Bag Toss and even Dino Bingo!
- Richmond: – You can get to know reptiles better at the Exotic Reptile Show at the Richmond Nature Park. The Westcoast Reptile Education Society is the organizers.
- Vancouver: – This Night Quest requires a lantern or flashlight and bring your own mug (great zero waste idea here) for concessions. Visit the Pacific Spirit Regional Park at night and see it in another way!
- Chiliwack: – The Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve is organizing their Family Nature Festival. Imagine being able to visit the local blue heron colony there.
- Aldergrove: – Take an hour or so and walk into the Enchanted Forest! The Aldergrove Regional Park recommends you to bring some food ( like vegetables in our Salad bags, to reduce waste) to roast at the campfire. They also welcome their guests to dress up in costumes too!
In conclusion, no matter which activity you may choose this holiday, bring us along with you to reduce waste!