After Valentines Day, this February weekend is the start of many celebrations and activities. The third Monday of February was officially known as Family Day in 2013.
So, have you though about what are you going to do on this Family Day? First of all, there are so many activities happening on this day, both free and for a cost. Secondly, each city has their own special events. Let us take a look at the different activities that are going on in your local community!
Free Fun in the City Highlights
- Coquitlam: In Pinetree Community Centre and Poirier Community Centre, there will a circus workshop, bouncy castles and Zumba lessons for all.
- Delta: In South Delta Community Centre, North Delta Community Centre and Winskil Aquatic and Fitness Centre, they have free skating lessons.
- Langley: In Aldergrove Credit Union Community Centre, there is free family swim and parachute play for the little ones. You can also visit Langley Centennial Museum and sign up for their Scavenger Hunt.
- Maple Ridge: In Acts Art Centre, you can make some lanterns, rain sticks, dance and even take part in the Maple Ridge Community Mosiac.
- Mission: In Mission Leisure Centre, there is face painting, swimming, skating, a toddler zone, bouncy castle and a magician!
- New Westminster: Get to know Century House and Youth Centre! They have activities for all ages on this day. You can even learn to be a DJ!
- North Vancouver: Lonsdale Quay Market is having a petting zoo and a free LEGO class.
- Port Coquitlam: Hyde Creek Recreation Centre is having free public skating, while Port Coquitlam Recreation Complex is having it at their Green Arena.
- Richmond: The city of Richmond has a total of over 65 activities!! For example, Cambie Community Centre organizes a pancake breakfast. City Centre Community Centre has a Karaoke Sing Out and Hamilton Community Centre even has martial arts!
- Surrey: First, Surrey Nature Centre has a Family Challenge Station with guided nature walks. Then, you can also visit the Historic Stewart Farm. The staff can show you how the pioneers lived back in the pioneer days.
- Vancouver: You can watch the film, Sharks: A 4D Experience at the Vancouver Aquarium.
In conclusion, there are many more fun activities to do in our beautiful cities. Therefore, let us visit neighbouring cities and support the local shops? For those living elsewhere….Does your city have a Family Day?