As the New Year celebrations come and go, it is time to focus on the future! Besides thinking about the different types of New Year’s Resolutions, let’s talk about some fun winter activities. First of all, there are a lot of different aspects to ponder about, so this month’s blog demands to be separated into two parts. First of all, Part One is about the winter activities that we can do at home. Secondly, Part Two is about the winter activities we can participate in our community.
DIY Home Activities
When you are at home in the winter time, it tends to be very quiet, dark and to be honest, sometimes even boring! There are quite a few do-it-yourself entertaining activities that you can do.
- Hot cocoa or tea: – heat up some water and make some fair-trade cocoa or organic tea.
- Fondue party: – choose some organic cheese or fair trade chocolate for the party.
- Book-a-thon: – visit your local library and search for some heart-warming novels to curl up to on your couch.
- “I’m Bored” jar: – this is great for children of all ages. In a mason jar, write down ideas of activities that needs to be done around the house. Whenever someone mentions that they are bored, they can take one out to help out around the house. Naturally, you can write down more interesting ideas, like going for a walk or to have a game of tag!
- Decluttering through donating: – spend some time going through the children’s toys. Then, sort out items that they no longer play with anymore. You can pack them up nicely and donate them to your local thrift store.
- Self-care routine: – Firstly, facial masks help to tone and nourish the skin that is dehydrated by the heat in your home. Try a sheet mask or cream mask today! Secondly, you can also make some body lotion for help with your dry hands and feet with some simple and natural ingredients.
- Pyjama Day: – Time to put on some warm, flannel pyjamas and turn down the thermostat. Grab a blanket and cuddle up with a loved one or stuffed animal. Grab some popcorn, while watching a comedy can warm you up!
Which of these have you done so far?